Breyting is change.
Creating a shared living solution.
The H-House™ by Breyting® is Breyting’s affordable cohousing solution for today’s shared living lifestyles. The H-House is a multigenerational flex-home designed to empower people throughout the different stages of their individual life cycle, be that single, coupled, marriage, children, income-generating, elder care, and aging-in-place. Every H-House is as environmentally conscious, energy-efficient, comfortable, and scalable as possible. We seek to improve updated versions of the H-House every year. Our next milestone for this project is creating financial agreements which allow people to have fractional ownership in their home and operating agreements to help navigate the expectations of shared living.
About the design:
- The H-House is 1,600 square feet under air, 2,000 square feet under roof.
- The kitchen is located at the front entrance, which is a natural place for people to gather. The living area is adjacent and opens up to the back deck. The entire middle room opens up on both sides to create a breezeway.
- The home is also designed modularly so owners can choose modules based on their unique needs.
- The H4 is a four-bedroom, four-bath home where each bedroom has its own patio and entrance, which alleviates forced interaction but allows for comfortable living. Each bedroom has its own bathroom, washer/dryer, closet, and built-in desk.
- The H2 is a side-by-side suite option designed for shared living where two people (or two couples) can live together while having their own separate wing of the house.
- Both floor plans are ideal for creating an assisted living home where two or three elderly people can utilize resources to hire their own live-in nurse.
- We have two idyllic lot locations ready to build at the front gate of Stetson University in downtown DeLand for $128k per lot. With its local, centralized setting, you just need to bring along your builder.
- Home plans are also available to purchase on your own. Interested parties can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transforming a forgotten railroad.
This small and forgotten railway was once a vital thoroughfare for DeLand’s downtown and an important part of the town’s history. Railroad operator Seaboard Coastline Railroad, once owned the tracks the lofts will be built on, hence the name Coastline Lofts. Our team has gone to extraordinary measures to ensure we are creating a community that the DeLand residents will be proud of and ideal for people who want to live, work, and play downtown.
Coastline Lofts is an important project for downtown DeLand.
- Coastline Lofts is located at the corner of Florida Avenue and West Ohio Avenue, one block from Stetson University and two blocks from historic downtown DeLand.
- There are 12 residential lofts and two street-facing artist lofts which include one bedroom/one bath or two bedroom/two bath floor plans.
- There are six floor plan options which range from 827–1,136 square feet.
- Total building structure size is 13,685 square feet (enclosed + exterior entry) and 13,437 square feet (total enclosed floor plates).
- Included in the site plan is a Zen rock garden, dining area with grill, water fountains, and an art mural wall. The space also offers maintenance-free Xeriscape landscaping to reduce the need for irrigation and lower ongoing maintenance costs for each homeowner.
- Optional: Breyting can provide a value-based agreement for the homeowner’s association (HOA), which includes a conflict resolution process to address concerns associated with living in a condo or townhouse community.
- Land and plans for 14-units are available for purchase for $952k. Joint venture building opportunities are also available.
Creating a small home community.
If large homes and big yards are on your checklist, this likely isn’t the development for you. But, on the other hand, if a cozy community of small homes bundled up with thoughtful landscaping strikes your fancy, read on! 811 Woodland is a stunning location next to Stetson University that holds six of Breyting’s Mina houses. The site is two blocks from historic downtown DeLand and is adjacent to the area’s array of beautiful, cascading oak trees.
Woodland Community: A thoughtful, all-encompassing Mecca.
- Our Mina house is a cozy, two story, two bedroom, two-and-a-half bath home with a small office totaling 1,300 square feet.
- Three different architecture styles share the same footprint and floorplan.
- The considerate design offers a large open room on the first floor, intended to be as flexible as you need, and features a utility room, 1/2 bath, and pantry tucked under the stairwell.
- The kitchen’s back doors open to an attached deck so container gardening will be easy.
- Two bedrooms, two full baths, and a home office enhance the space’s second floor.
- A spacious, vaulted, white-beamed ceiling gives the master bedroom a lofty feel.
- The home office—centered between both bedrooms—is roomy and features a large window, which is a perfect addition for work/life balance.
- These homes appeal to the homeowner who wants to own less yet live more.
- Land and plans for six Mina homes can be purchased for $468k. Joint venture building opportunities are also available.
Providing affordable living.
Izetta Court is located in the heart of historic, downtown DeLand. Completed designs for this small residential condo project are being finalized and will provide affordable living options in downtown DeLand.
- Land and plans for this development are coming soon. Joint venture building opportunities are also available.